Only 5 ingredients and super easy to prep.
You can customize with your favorite ingredients like pickles, onions, you name it. Salami not your thing, try ham. Make it the way you like it.
Salami Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ pound Salami thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Pepperoncini thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Olives with pimento thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup Sweet & Spicy Red Cherry Peppers thinly sliced
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap on a clean surface. Place the cold cream cheese in the center of the plastic wrap lengthwise, and cover with another piece of wrap of the same size. With a rolling pin, roll the cream cheese out into an even, thin rectangle, about ¼” thick. (While rolling the cream cheese out, the top layer of plastic may get pulled under the cream cheese. Periodically, pull the plastic taught and continue to roll until an even layer is reached.)
- Carefully, peel the top layer of plastic wrap away from the cream cheese, working from the edges toward the center of the cream cheese.* Add the salami, approximately 6 rows of 5 slices each, overlapping each piece and row until the cream cheese is completely covered. Place another piece of plastic wrap over the salami and gently press the salami into the cream cheese. Carefully, flip the salami and cream cheese over so the cream cheese is facing up. Again, carefully peel the plastic wrap away from the cream cheese, working from the edges toward the center of the cream cheese.*
- Add the toppings in thirds over the cream cheese in a thin layer (⅓ pepperoncini, ⅓ green olive, ⅓ red cherry pepper), or choose one flavor and cover the entire layer of cream cheese with it.
- Roll the salami. Fold the outer edge over the cream cheese and roll the meat toward you. Roll the meat as tightly as possible to avoid air pockets within the roll. Use the plastic wrap to help evenly roll the salami. Pull it tight as you roll. Wrap the roll in the plastic and refrigerate for 2 – 4 hours or until ready to serve.
These are great on game day.