- Party Pleaser - Bacon is unbeatable at gatherings. Especially candied bacon.
- Flavorful - Has a satisfying salty sweet flavor profile.
- Customize - Try your favorite seasonings: cajun, cool-ranch, red pepper flake, etc.
- Easy - Preps in 5 minutes.
- 1 package butter crackers like Townhouse or Club crackers
- 8-10 slices bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Align crackers on a wire rack set into a lined baking sheet. (Leave a little space in between the crackers for the bacon, as it will hang over the edges of the crackers.)
- Slice the bacon into thirds or fourths (depending on the length and shape of your crackers). Place a piece of cut bacon lengthwise on each cracker.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar on top of the bacon-topped crackers (about 1 heaping teaspoon per cracker). Then lightly sprinkle with cayenne and black pepper.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until brown sugar begins to melt and bacon becomes crisp. Allow crackers to cool on wire rack before eating.
Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 30mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 4IU | Vitamin C: 0.003mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.4mg
- Do I need to use a baking rack? No. I have made them just using aluminum foil on a baking sheet but the brown sugar caramelizes and makes the crackers stick to the sheet. You'll need to pry them loose with a knife. The baking rack eliminates this hassle.
- Are the bacon crackers hard or crispy? They have a wonderful balance between chewy and crispy. I thought there might be more crumbs, or the bacon would be too chewy, but they are surprisingly easy to eat. The caramelized brown sugar does a wonderful job of binding the bacon and cracker together.
- What do they taste like? They have a delightful salty sweet taste. The fat in the bacon makes them super satisfying.
- How am I going to mess this up? Not using enough brown sugar. I've gone too light before, you need a heaping amount, see video. The baking rack really helps. It's a foolproof recipe.
- How to store? How long can you store? I store in a ziplock bag or airtight container. Store them in the fridge. I've always been told that cooked bacon lasts 4-5 days in the fridge.
- Can I freeze Bacon Crackers? Yes. Best to use freezer bags but you can use any airtight bag or container. Remember air is the enemy so try and get all the air out before sealing. Cooked bacon lasts up to a month in the freezer.
- Can I use Ritz Crackers?, Can I wrap the bacon around the cracker? Yes and yes. I like using a club or butter cracker because it lines up to using about a third of a slice of bacon. I also like the way they look. But you can use Ritz or round cracker or wrap your bacon around the cracker. You'll just need to adjust the size of your cuts of bacon.