- Easy - Only 10 minutes of prep. Prepare it in the morning, or the night before, and pop it in the oven when you get home.
- Flavorful - Garlic, marinara, parmesan, and mozzarella make for a flavorful and filling dish.
- Leftovers - One of those dishes I enjoy as leftovers. It also freezes well.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 2 lb chicken thighs diced
- 24 oz marinara sauce 1 jar
- ½ cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup panko toasted
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc) chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Spray an 11½-inch-by-7½-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the chopped chicken into the pan and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the top and stir to mix. Sprinkle the two cheeses over the top of the chicken and sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine the panko, herbs and olive oil. Spread the seasoned panko evenly over the top of the cheese layer.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the chicken has cooked through and the casserole has begun to brown and is bubbling. Serve over spaghetti.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 924mg | Potassium: 535mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 806IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 218mg | Iron: 2mg