- Satisfying - This is comfort food at it's best. The combination of tuna, rich cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, cheese and egg noodles make this a filling and satisfying meal.
- Crunchy Top - Topped with potato chips and cheese, I love the golden crunchy top. Also gives it great presentation appeal.
- Quick & Easy - You can prep this in 5-10 minutes. Prep it in the morning and come home and bake it. With so many satisfying ingredients it's a whole meal in itself.
- 4 ozs egg Noodles about 2 cups, cooked and drained
- 2 ozs 5-ounce cans of tuna drained
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup 10 ounce can
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese divided
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- ½ cup crushed potato chips optional
- ¼ cup dry breadcrumbs optional
- 1 tablespoon melted butter optional
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C. Grease an 8-by-11-inch baking dish. In the baking dish, add the cooked egg noodles, canned tuna, condensed cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, milk, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Mix to thoroughly combine. Add the frozen peas and mix to thoroughly combine. Set aside.
- Crush the potato chips or mix together the breadcrumbs and melted butter, if using. Sprinkle the top of the casserole with remaining shredded cheese. Top with the crushed potato chips or the breadcrumb mixture, if using.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- We’ve topped our Tuna Casserole with some crushed potato chips for some extra crunch to balance the creamy. If that doesn’t sound like your taste, swap it out for a mix of melted butter and breadcrumbs, or leave off the crunchy topper altogether.
- Want to make this casserole even more your own, pack in more veggies, or simply experiment with such a classic and basic dish? The sky’s the limit! We’ve seen versions with mushrooms, onions, broccoli, cabbage— even jalapeños and bacon.
- Try yours with your favorite veggies, swap out the egg noodles for other pasta or even “zoodles”, and play around until you find your favorite version.
Also check out our Chicken Noodle Casserole