- Easy - With a handful of ingredients, 5 minutes prep you can elevate a traditional side to the next level.
- Flavorful - Even the kids will want to eat their veggies. These farm fresh roasted carrots are caramelized with a sticky, sweet and savory glaze.
- Beautiful - Elevate your meal with vibrant orange, whole roasted carrots. The dark rich glaze brings a little drama to the table.
Honey Balsamic Carrots
- 1 lb carrots
- 1½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt (may add more to taste)
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tbsps aged balsamic vinegar plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the carrots on the lined baking sheet. Drizzle the carrots with the olive oil, and season with the salt and ground black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Roast the carrots for 25 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of carrots, shaking the pan every 10 minutes, or until cooked-through and nicely browned.
- While carrots are cooking, begin to prepare the glaze by adding the honey and balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about 5 minutes, until thickened.
- Remove the glaze from the heat, add the butter, and stir until the butter is melted and well-combined.
- When the carrots are roasted, toss with the honey balsamic glaze, and then return to the oven for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the glaze thickens and coats the carrots.
- Transfer the carrots to a serving dish and sprinkle with a few more drops of the balsamic vinegar and some sea salt, if desired.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley, if using. Serve hot or warm, as desired.
- You can reduce the amount of cooking time by cutting the carrots in half lengthwise or into other desired shapes and/or sizes.
- You can also easily double or triple this recipe if needed.
Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 686mg | Potassium: 386mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 19116IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1mg