- Fun - If you love fresh apple fritter doughnuts from the bakery this bread will delight you. In our home we've elevated it right up there with banana and zucchini bread.
- Flavor - I can't get enough of the combination of warm chunks of apple, cinnamon and brown sugar. And the glaze! The craggy top is crowned with an amazing glaze. Yum.
- Easy - It's as easy as banana bread. Only 15 minutes to prep. But when friends and family see the glazed loaf they'll think you became a pastry chef.
Apple Fritter Bread
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and chopped to ½ inch dice
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon divided
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter room temperature
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Spray a 9-inch-by-5-inch loaf pan with pan spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar with 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine the diced apples with the remaining 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and stir to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the granulated sugar. Beat the eggs in one at a time until completely mixed. Add the vanilla extract and mix.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Add the ½ cup of milk and mix until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking soda mix to the butter mixture, and stir until well-blended.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Layer half of the apple mixture on top of the batter, followed by half of the brown sugar mixture. Gently press the apples into the batter.
- Add the remaining batter to the pan, followed by the remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly press the apples into the batter and swirl the brown sugar between the apple chunks and into the batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan.
Prepare the Glaze
- While the bread cools, prepare the glaze. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar with the remaining 1 tablespoon of milk. Mix until smooth, and then drizzle over the cooled bread.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.4g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 285mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 374IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg